Skip to navigation
Counsel That You Can Trust & Depend On

Injured in a Car Accident on the Job – How To Deal With the Situation? | Guy S. DiMartino DC, JD, PA

Guy DiMartino June 6, 2013

Florida trial lawyer, Guy S. DiMartino, DC, JD, discusses how to deal with a car accident while on the job.

It happens all the time. A person is on the job and involved in a car accident. This brings up a number of questions:

  • Do you have to file a workers compensation claim?

  • Can you make a claim against the other driver?

The answer to both questions is yes. If you are injured in a car accident on the job (in the course and scope of your employment) then workers compensation should pay for your medical bills and lost wages. The problem with workers compensation is that the injured person cannot really choose their doctors and everything has to be approved by the workers compensation insurance carrier.

You are also able to make a claim against the other driver for your injuries. However, if you receive money from the other drivers insurance company you are required to pay the workers compensation insurance company a portion of the monies that it paid for your medical treatment and lost wages.

You can also choose not to pursue a workers compensation claim and submit your claim to your personal injury protection insurance and health insurance if available.

If you have any questions about a Florida car accident while on the job, dont hesitate to give me a call, my cell phone is 352-267-9168 you will speak directly to me.