MICHIGAN CITY (219) 690-8997


Indiana Truck Accident Lawyer |Hit And Run Semi Accident On I-65

Posted by Guy DiMartino | Oct 31, 2014 | 0 Comments

Indiana truck accident lawyer discusses a recent newspaper article describing a hit and run semi accident on I-65 in Crown Point.

The Times reported that a car hauler semi-truck rolled over on I-65 near SR 231 in Crown Point, Indiana.  The investigating Trooper noted that the car hauler was passing another semi-truck in the passing lane, when the other truck pulled out into the passing lane causing a crash.  The offending semi-truck left the scene as the car hauler rolled over.

This report brings up the question, is a person injured in a hit and run car or semi-truck accident able to receive compensation for his/her injuries?  The answer is yes, if the injured party has uninsured motorist coverage.

A typical Indiana automobile insurance policy defines “uninsured motor vehicle” as:

A “hit and run” land motor vehicle whose owner or driver remains unknown and which strikes the insured or a motor vehicle the insured is riding occupying.

So, if a person is injured by a “hit and run” driver, he/she will be able to receive compensation for their medical bills, wage loss and other loses if they have an Indiana automobile insurance policy.

Indiana automobile accident law is complex.  If you have any questions about a Northwest Indiana car accident case, call a Michigan City personal injury lawyer at (219) 874-4878 or request a free copy of our informational book that explains the truck accident claims process.

About the Author

Guy DiMartino

I have loved helping people in need for almost three decades.  It has been my privilege to serve people as their pastor, chiropractor, and lawyer.  The current focus of my legal practice and lifes passion is helping the seriously injured receive complete compensation for their injuries. I am a ...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment